The Patrick '61 and Marcelle Leahy Center for the Environment
Research. Contemplation. 行动.
Developing environmentally conscious citizens as leaders, advocates, scientists, artists, humanitarians, thinkers & business people.
Through research, contemplation, and action, the Center for the Environment strives to...
准备 students to think and act critically and creatively by combining their intellectual pursuits with immersive experiences to tackle the world’s most complex issues as environmental leaders - locally and globally.
进化 the culture of sustainability on campus and in our community to have a social impact and leave a legacy for future generations.
福斯特 connection between students and career experts to create career exposure and structure learning experiences such that students leave with essential workforce skills, career preparedness, and purpose.
We Teach, Learn, and Steward
We envision the C4E as a hub. A place to engage. A place to grow. A place to experience and make a difference.
In Our Living Laboratories
Across six classrooms to impact the greater SMC and VT communities. Exploration of these areas happen in the traditional classrooms and our campus-wide living laboratory.
Connections with the greater community expand students’ access to an immersive learning experiences.
Latest 澳门巴黎人娱乐注册 on the Center
- Happy surprise: Study-abroad pair ‘graduates’ via Zoom from Ireland
- ‘Stop mowing what you don’t use:’ Professor makes case for ‘unlawning,’ individual ecological impact
- On-campus meetings with Japanese officials present possibilities
- Historic grant, thanks to Sen. Leahy, to expand Center for Environment
- Brian Lacey ’72 Fellowships will support experiences in Ghana, Samoa
Meet the Team